1. Has your voice ever changed?
(Answer) Yes, it actually changes most often when I come down with serious flu.
(Give a reason for your answer) When I’m sick with a cold or flu, the acute laryngitis leads to my temporary hoarseness. I think it causes swelling that alters the way my vocal cords vibrate, making me sound deeper and huskier.
2. Do you enjoy recording you’re your voice and listening to it?
(Answer) I guess the answer is no.
(Give a reason for your answer) The tone of my voice is pretty “soft” and “mature” when I speak in person. But, when I’m on the phone, the sound of my voice shifts into a ridiculous childish tone. I assume that most people in fact don’t like their voice when they hear it played back from a recording, because it’s not the same voice they hear in their head.
3. Do you like your own voice?
(Answer) Well, it’s always weird to hear myself recorded, but I don’t dislike my voice.
(Give a reason for your answer) It’s comparatively low and resonant for a girl and you can definitely hear me in a room. I have always wanted a higher pitched voice but since many have told me that I have a wonderful pitch, I changed my opinion about it.
4. Does your voice sound familiar to your parents?
(Answer) Well, many people told me that my mom and I shared some similar traits in terms of voice.
(Give a reason for your answer) I think my voice is the perfect combination between that of my mom and dad, and I’m contented with it.
21. come down with [expression]: to start to suffer from an illness, especially one that is not serious: bị đau
Eg: I think I’m coming down with flu.
22. laryngitis [n]: a painful swelling of the larynx, usually caused by an infection:
Eg: Carol’s flu developed into laryngitis.
23. temporary [adj]: not lasting or needed for very long
Eg: The ceasefire will only provide a temporary solution to the crisis.
24. mature [adj]: mature people behave like adults in a way that shows they are well developed emotionally
Eg: He’s very mature for his age.
25. ridiculous [adj]: stupid or unreasonable and deserving to be laughed at
Eg: Most advertisings of this product sound ridiculous.
26. comparatively [adv]: as compared to something else
Eg: The test is comparatively easy for most of us.
27. resonant [adj]: clear and loud, or causing sounds to be clear and loud
Eg: Huy has a deep, resonant voice.
28. similar [adj]: looking or being almost, but not exactly, the same
Eg: My father and I have similar views on politics.
29. combination [n]: the mixture you get when two or more things are combined
Eg: A combination of tiredness and boredom caused me to fall asleep.
30. contented [adj]: happy and satisfied
Eg: He won’t be contented until he’s upset everyone in the office.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.